Thursday, November 3, 2011

Late entrant

I've been resisting joining Twitter for quite some time, fearful it will be just another time-suck a la Facebook, or make me even more ADD than I already am (besides, there was a certain pride in not understanding what all the #s meant...)

But yesterday, in a moment of self-deluded procrastination that this was actually "productive", I gave in. What finally did me in was learning (from my business school alumni newsletter, no less) that the Dalai Lama is on Twitter. How can you not follow that?

I just love the vision of His Holiness the Dalai Lama thumbing a few top-of-mind notes on his smartphone or iPad, on his way to reciting prayers at a Buddhist temple.

His tweet seemed apropos to the angst I've lately been feeling, trying to juggle living in the moment and taking advantage of our last year in India, versus thinking ahead and planning for our new lives back in the US.

He writes:
We should not only cease our negative activities, but also the motivation that gives rise to them.

Now that's worth meditating on.


No comments:

Post a Comment