Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Prophesy

Today one of my colleagues is leaving LifeSpring.  I'm not sure he realizes how much of an impact he had on me during my first few months here in India, and I wanted to let him know.

So I went back to my journal to find an entry after one of our conversations -- dated January 30, 2008 (two months after arriving in Hyderabad and months before I decided to stay).

He said:

"LifeSpring may be the impetus that got you to India, but it's not the true reason you came.  You're here in search of something deeper.  You've been to, how many -- 40 countries?  You travel in search of the truth.  Once you find that truth you're seeking, you will finally settle down in one place...

Let's make a bet.  You're going to be here much longer than you originally anticipated.  India's already becoming a part of your soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment