Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Emergency Zen


Granted, there's plenty to laugh at along Hyderabad's streets.  But this never grows old: the "Zen Ambulance Service".  While I often feel that much of my time in Hyderabad is an ever-growing search for Zen amidst sheer craziness, this is the LAST thing I'd want rushing to save me in case of an emergency!!  Can you just imagine?!

Patient's loved one: "Hurry, we need to get to the hospital!"

Zen Driver: "We'll get there when it's time to get there... Whatever happens is perfect" ;)

Don't get me wrong, I think there's an absolute need for more emergency vehicles on the streets (and perhaps more importantly, a reliable way for them to speed through traffic, instead of honking their horns in a traffic jam, like everyone else).

But I'd like to have been part of the brand meeting for that company!

As a side-note, this name/service disconnect plays out quite a lot in India.  Another favorite example: "XCEED" tutoring services, which is right near my yoga studio.  Clever, I suppose, but if the point is convincing parents that they can teach their children to excel, shouldn't they first demonstrate that they can properly spell? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment