Friday, September 16, 2011

LifeSpring ABC Video

It's almost exactly nine months since we've launched LifeSpring Foundation. So it seems appropriate that the ABC News video on LifeSpring has been re-born this week, through ABC's revamped saveone.net website.

Watching this video from the US is quite surreal, I must admit. I remember the film shooting incredibly well, and the women who were at our hospital that day last December. Yet the communities that Elizabeth Vargas and Dr. Rama walk through feel incredibly far away as I sit in my comfortable air-conditioned room today.

I suppose that's the true power of media: to bridge worlds and create a sense of togetherness across universal themes like childbirth. It's too bad it's so often wasted on reality shows and local news focused on murders instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment