Thursday, March 11, 2010

A weekend in Pondicherry

So it turns out that turning 31 is much less stressful than turning 30. Last year, I was all about digging out my "30 before 30" list and getting anxious and mad at myself for never having written that book (despite the first and last chapters being done!) and never becoming fluent in Swahili.

I dunno, maybe it's all part of "maturing", but gone are the month-long celebrations (I celebrated my 25th with 3 parties -- one in NYC, Boston, and Atlantic City!) and agonizing about the past and what I hadn't done yet. This year is all about just enjoying where I am and celebrating new chapters up ahead.

Here are some pics from my birthday weekend, spent in Pondicherry -- a cute little town on the southeast of India and a former French colony... with enough Indian "champagne", you can sometimes pretend you're somewhere in southern France... (almost).






No comments:

Post a Comment