Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's all relative...

I've been in Delhi for the past few days, and it's absolutely freezing! I'm huddled in the corner of a makeshift home office at Tyler's new place -- space heater on high and pointed right at me. I leave the room only when absolutely necessary, as it's freezing in the rest of the house.

Stepping out for lunch, I put on my warmest clothes: trapeze sweatshirt and North Face jacket, scarf, and winter gloves. Looking around, others are equally bundled up. The children walk in the funny way that children do, when their mothers have bundled them up in thick clothes and hats that go down past their ears and slightly cover their eyes.

Coming back, Tyler IM's and asks how lunch was. I respond that my fingers are still warming up ...Delhi is freezing!

His response: "You do realize it's 57 degrees."

And just like that, I realize I'm slowly becoming an Indian...

No comments:

Post a Comment