Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hyderabadi Halloween



Strangely, I didn't get any more stares than usual being dressed in a hot pink dress, matching pink hat, and a snake around my neck than usual, walking around Hyderabad. (And in case you're wondering, my costume at various points of the night was: Indiana Jones with my roommate Nate (remember the opening scene??), air hostess on acid, and finally: "snakes on a plane")  

Most creative costume of the night was our friend who dressed as Hussain Sagar Like, with a Buddha on her head and fish taped all around her body.  

HYD certainly impressed me last night, staying open until 2am (gasp!) instead of the usual midnight.  Turns out, Halloween is fun pretty much anywhere in the world...especially when many locals have no idea why crazy westerners are dressed the way they are (although I suppose that's what many people think every day!)

As an aside: SUCH good baseball!  So weird to wake up early and watch the World Series on my extremely slow internet... It's too slow for radio and certainly for video, so I make due with little icons on the bases on Yahoo Sports, refreshing every few minutes.  Wish I were in NY now watching at a dive bar in Hell's Kitchen!!  To make up for it, the loud drums banging outside at 10am seem to be celebrating the Yankees' recent victory :)

No comments:

Post a Comment