Thursday, December 9, 2010

DVR Alert - Next Friday, Dec 17th

Earlier this week, our hospital played host to Elizabeth Vargas and 20/20. ABC and 20/20 are kicking off a one-year focus on global health, partly funded by the Gates Foundation. Their kick-off show for this initiative will focus on maternal and child health. Criss-crossing geographies (part of the show will contrast an American woman in her 9th month of pregnancy, with an Afghani woman in hers), part of the show will feature Indian organizations, including LifeSpring and Embrace.

Our head of clinical quality, Dr. Rama, was a rockstar, taking the show's host through the communities where our hospital works. Explaining the context of maternal health, Dr. Rama also took 20/20 on a tour of our newest hospital in Chilkalguda.

While I thought I was safe on the sidelines, I ended up being interviewed by Elizabeth Vargas as well! -- the show's producer was apparently fascinated at Priya's and my decision to turn down traditional jobs in NY and come here. (one of her questions was how often my parents ask me to come back home) I'd be shocked if that clip ended up on the show, but it was fun nonetheless.

So set up your DVR: Friday, December 17th, 10pm EST - 20/20 on ABC! (the full episode will also be available on their website).

No comments:

Post a Comment